Submission Guidelines

To submit a recipe, you can email Jaidi and she will add you as a contributor.

You can post any recipes you want. Please be sure to follow these two simple guideline.

Please include the title of the recipe in the subject line, and only the recipe itself in the post.

Also, we would like to be able to divide the recipes up by the type. So please include labels on your recipes. Labels are put on your post at the bottom of the edit post window. Labels can be as simple as main dish or dessert to Chicken or beef or however you want to label it. Just make it easy for someone to find.


Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Campers Muffins

So i have a recipe that I have eaten my whole life. We always called it Campers Eggs, but the name of the recipe is actually Fabulous Eggs. Don't know who came up with that, but whatever.  I am trying something new this week. Connected to this post: http://www.snackinginthekitchen.com/2010/05/mothers-day-2010-brunch.html

So I am going to make my campers eggs in little muffin cups and I think they will be great fun!

So here's the recipe:

12 eggs beaten until Fluffy
1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 onion chopped fine
1 1/2 cup milk
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 cup plain or seasoned croutons
1 lb pork sausage

Crumble and slowly brown sausage. drain fat. Gently but thoroughly mix all ingredients and bake in buttered casserole dish (9x13). Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Serves 10-12.

So my changes are I am going to mix everything but the sausage and croutons together than put some sausage and croutons in each of the muffin cups. Then pour over the egg mixture. I will try baking them at 375 for 15-20 minutes as per the link above. I am also going to top them each with some cheese.

I am going to make some tomorrow for a breakfast picnic on Friday to see how they go and then i'll make some on Saturday morning for a Kick-off brunch for a group I am a part of here in OKC.  I am kinda excited, I'll let you know how they go!

No comments: