Submission Guidelines

To submit a recipe, you can email Jaidi and she will add you as a contributor.

You can post any recipes you want. Please be sure to follow these two simple guideline.

Please include the title of the recipe in the subject line, and only the recipe itself in the post.

Also, we would like to be able to divide the recipes up by the type. So please include labels on your recipes. Labels are put on your post at the bottom of the edit post window. Labels can be as simple as main dish or dessert to Chicken or beef or however you want to label it. Just make it easy for someone to find.


Thursday, April 4, 2013

Homemade Pancake Mix

Tonight I wanted pancakes, but I had no pancake mix...so I searched online and found a recipe that could easily be used for a large batch of dry ingredients.  

I used this person's recipe.

http://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/176322942/fluffy-pancakes/

And multiplied the dry ingredients by ten. The wet ingredients she listed work at about cup mix.  

Here is what is in my large plastic pantry bin. 

10 cups all purpose flour
1 ¾ cup plus 2 tbsp white sugar
3 Tbsp plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tbsp plus 2 teaspoons baking soda
1 Tbsp plus 2 teaspoons salt

So here is what is on the outside of my jar.  

Homemade Pancake Mix

For Every 2 Cups Mix:
1 ½ Cups milk
4 Tbsp White Vinegar
Combine and rest for 10 minutes to create soured milk.
 2 Eggs
4 Tbsp Butter, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla
 In a small bowl combine Soured milk, eggs, butter and vanilla. Add to pancake mix in larger bowl. Mix until most lumps are gone. Let batter sit for 10 minutes, and then drop ¼ batter onto hot griddle.
We made them tonight and they were really good.  I am glad now that I have lots of mix now.  I know that we need to double the mix for our family.  We got about 15 medium sized pancakes out of the doubled batch. I would highly recommend this mix if you want to have a homemade pancake mix.

No comments: